Low Carb Loaded Cauliflower Mash
- 4 slices bacon
- 6 cups (about 24 oz) cauliflower florets
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/3 cup unsweetened nut milk (I prefer cashew)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- fresh black pepper and salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced fat shredded cheddar
Cook the bacon in a skillet until crisp; set aside on a paper towel then crumble.
Fill a large pot with water, bring to a boil and add cauliflower and garlic. Boil until the cauliflower is soft, about 15-20 minutes. Drain, and return to the pot.
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Add the nut milk, coconut oil, salt and pepper to the cauliflower and purée with a hand blender. If you don't own a hand blender, a regular blender would work fine as well. Mix in 1 tbsp of the chives
and transfer to 4 individual casseroles (3/4 cups each) or one 8 x 8 casserole dish and top with cheddar and crumbled bacon. Bake in the oven until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes then top with remaining chives.