Ginger, white sweet potatoe and cashew nice cream
So the other day, I bought some orange colored sweet potatoes that were white inside. The color threw me off at first - But their taste was soooooo sweet, it was similar to maple. I quickly decided to make them into a creamy dessert, since I've been using purple sweet potatoes that way. I never knew theres a white variety of sweet potatoe - but I'm happy I found them!
- 2 cups white sweet potato (baked/microwaved and chopped into small chunks)
- 2 inches ginger root, chopped into small pieces and blanched. (Blanching takes the bitterness from the ginger so your ice cream stays sweet and spicy).
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla cashew milk (You can use any unsweetened nut milk you like).
- Stevia or desired sweetner - maple syrup adds a creamier texture and richer taste that pairs w/ the sweet potatoe well. Up to you on how many carbs you want.
- Pinch of sea salt
- Cut potatoes and cook until soft, by oven, steam or microwave.
- Freeze sweet potatoes.
- Peel and cut ginger, blanch and drain.
- Add all ingredients in food processor/vitamin (any powerful blender) and blend until smooth
- For thicker consistency freeze mixture 30 minutes (as seen in photo) OR add 1/2 to 1 cup of ice before blending. For richer taste replace regular but milk w/ a condensed nut milk/cream and maple syrup to sweeten. Enjoy!